What is U-M Hosting?
U-M Hosting is an institutionally supported web hosting platform designed to support websites built in Drupal 7, a powerful open-source content management system.
Why Use U-M Hosting?
- We ensure good security practice by providing regular Drupal core patches to the sites we support.
- Staffed by the HITS Service Desk.
- We take care of configuring the initial Drupal database. You don’t have to install anything.
- We monitor and patch Drupal modules that have security updates.
- We require a shortcode (is not billed).
- We regularly backup your site so you can recover files in the event of a loss.
- We install front-end caching on every site so your web pages load faster.
- We optimize our servers for Drupal performance and can respond to spikes in site traffic.
- We have Apache Solr integration for search.
- We can set up and configure cosign.